Farrar & Associates assisted throughout the design and construction phases of this challenging renovation and addition to America’s oldest lending library. Performing contract negotiations and contractor selection, we were able to work towards the best interest of ownership from the start of the project. Challenges:
• Maintain the integrity of the historical fabric at all times
• Completely restore the original 230 year old structure – 9,000 sq. ft.
• Incorporate technology upgrades & sophisticated mechanical systems
• Integrate complete fire suppression systems to be as ‘invisible’ as possible
• Resolve environmental soil issues
• Underpin the existing structure while excavating for the addition’s below-grade level
• Protect the 75 year old gardens & specimen trees
Farrar & Associates is honored to have been entrusted with the restoration and preservation of this National Historic Landmark. Accomplished with satisfactory resolution to the overall plan and ownership’s program.